(To me) :)
It’s that time of year again! Time to reflect on the past year of sewing and make some new goals for next year. I love having goals but I don’t always keep up with them. At the moment I can’t even remember what some of last year’s were… so let’s see how they turned out, shall we… :)
1. Make Halloween costumes! Yes… absolutely, this happened big time!
Here’s a round up of my Halloween posts:
- 2 September – fabric share (at the bottom of the post)
- 10 September – progress check (at the bottom of the post) – completed Olaf’s under layers (onesie and leggings) and main costume body, and Anna’s long sleeve shirt
- 19 September – Anna’s bodice (drafting, muslins, and make-shift machine embroidery) and skirt (pattern alterations)
- 28 October – progress shots of Anna’s skirt, Olaf’s headpiece/hat, Elsa’s dress, and Kristoff’s tunic
- 28 October – Super Girl!
- 1 November – Frozen… the round up!
Phew… we’ll see what I got myself into as we get closer to Halloween this year… ;)
2. Test new patterns at least twice. Yes! We are on a roll here… I was lucky enough to test 4 patterns from 3 designers this past year. Once for Seamstress Erin back in August for the re-release of her Presidio Purse, twice for Kimberly at Straight Stitch Designs – in January for the Montlake Tee and in May for the View Ridge Top, and last but not least in June (although posted this month with the pattern’s release) was the Button-Up Pencil Skirt for Darcy at The Ruffled Stitch!
3. Develop a me-made work wardrobe. Hmm… well I thought about it… I even made a blog graphic and a step-by-step plan…
Then life got a little crazy and this got thrown to the back burner… or you might say it got thrown off the stove altogether! Maybe we’ll revisit this soon… maybe ;)
4. Learn at least 12 new sewing techniques/skills. Hmm… maybe… maybe not. I didn’t keep track in any way whatsoever.
5. Find a proper sewing stool. Nope. Didn’t do that either. I’m still working off of my super squeaky broken desk chair. BUT… we are currently in the midst of moving so my whole sewing space will be getting a refresh soon. At least once we get settled in and I figure out what space I have and what I need. Here’s a peek at my soon-to-be sewing space…
It’s the loft area above our garage and I’ve claimed it :P Since this picture, the carpets have been cleaned and I’ve moved a bunch of boxes of fabric up there. It has loads of potential and a very peaceful view… I just have to figure out how to best utilize the space :)
SO, as per tradition (see Year 1 HERE and Year 2 HERE)… here’s a quick round-up of all of the patterns and tutorials I used or found useful in my 3rd year of sewing See all of my makes HERE.
For the Ladies
For the Guys
For the Pups
For the Littles
For the Home, Bags, Etc.
Sewing Techniques & Etc. Tutorials
NEXT UP…. Social Sewing! So, not including pattern testing (find that above), here are the challenges and other sewing-related things I got involved in this past year:
Speaking of Me-Made-May… I never did any kind of round-up on the blog… but I did post most days on IG. Here’s the overall look at my month:
Not too bad, I’d say… I didn’t have any major revelations about my sewing or my life, but it was fun nonetheless! And the only times I had repeats were when I wore the same thing two days in a row (so it counts as one wear… right?)… so that’s a win in my book! :D
Okay, okay… on to my goals for my 4th year of sewing!
1. Revisit goal 3 from last time and break out that handmade work wardrobe! I still need help in that area… nothing has changed except the clothes I do wear to work are looking a year more worn. :/
2. Make something from a Seamwork pattern. This may seem easy… which it is… but I’ve been a subscriber since Issue 7 and I have yet to make anything from any of their patterns :/ Along with this, make something from a print magazine pattern. Same reason as above… I’ve been subscribed to a few for a while and of course have yet to make anything from any of them. Sad days.
3. Revisit my A to Z Brand Inspiration Challenge. I skipped a whole year. haha ooops ;)
4. Revisit and perfect my SD card holder pattern and share it on the blog.
5. Sort of a sewing goal, sort of a life goal, but I would love to get back to my sewing roots and do more for local animal rescue groups. I’ve really missed it since moving back to Cali and although I still support BDAR, I would love to look for a group a little closer to home to support as well.
And there you have it! Nothing earth shattering… lots of revisiting :) …that’s my sewing life in a nutshell! Thanks for tagging along!
Until next time,
This post reviews your sewing growth so well. You certainly have lots to be proud of!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much! It’s nice to keep track and see my progress… however slow it may be :D
Wow! You got a TON done in the last year!
You do beautiful work!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you!! :) I love to see it all in one place!
Pingback: Top 5 of 2016 | Life by Ky