Top 5 Hits!
- Aztec Sweater | Definitely the most worn, but that could be because I made it in January :) It’s actually a major miss when it comes to construction and what not, but it was self-drafted and only my second me-made garment for myself so I just love it despite all of its flaws!
- B is for Boden Maya Maxi | I’ve worn this one a few times and still love it. I’m excited to continue this self-imposed brand inspiration sewing challenge in the new year! :)
- Colors Quiet Book | By far my best and favorite sewn gift of the year!
- Salme Vegas Blazer | My first outerwear. I foresee this being worn a lot… but we’ll have to wait and see :)
- Adopt Me Vest Sewing Pattern | Not a sewing make… but it’s my first pattern! I hope it gets used by someone… someday! lol
Top 5 Misses!
- Pants to Shorts Refashion | I love that I made these from Danny’s pants and that they were my first pair of shorts, but they really turned out to be more of a practice run. The more I tried to wear them the more I realized the sizing was all off and I would not be comfortable in them. They are still sitting in my shorts drawer but really need to be moved… :/
- Chiffon, Tulle & Jersey Knit Reversible Skirt | There are just way too many things going on here. Where am I supposed to wear this?? lol
- Salme Minna Blouse | Love this blouse… then I threw it in the washer… what was I thinking?! I need to try to save it but I’m not sure that I can. It’s waiting in my sad ‘see if there’s anything you can do with this’ pile.
- Wine Bottle Candle | Okay okay so it’s not a sewing make… but it’s definitely a miss! :(
- Book Cover, version 1 | Why was this construction so difficult for me to understand!? lol
See the rest of my 2014 makes here!
Top 5 (Non-Sewing) Highlights!
- Learning to snowboard! | Snowboarding and I have a love-hate relationship. I’m still not very good and I’m not sure we’re going to make it out this season… but it’s a fun challenge.
- Getting Out of the Military & Moving to California! | I was in the United States Air Force for 3 years and 3 months. That picture (below) is from my last duty day in the military. They filled my car with balloons (and had a mannequin sitting in the front seat) lol. I already miss the people that I worked with so much, but I’m so excited for new experiences and challenges in the civilian world.
- Becoming an Aunt! | I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Being an Aunt is the best job ever! I hold him and play with him until he gets fussy then he gets to go back to his momma ;) This may change once I get put on the babysitting schedule :/ but I can enjoy it for now! :D Plus he is seriously a cutie.
- Finishing my 3rd Half-Marathon! | The Vegas Rock ‘n’ Roll Half has become an awesome family tradition!
- Getting my California Pharmacist License! | I already had my Wyoming license, but getting my license for CA was brutal and stressful and I’m so glad I will never have to go through that again. It was mostly a waiting game (6 months + 21 days of waiting). That picture (below) was my study spot in the Laramie County Library in Cheyenne. They had an awesome little quiet room that overlooked the capitol building. It was the pretty part of my study time :)
Top 5 (Sewing) Reflections!
- I’ve learned that I need to sew simple. Frosting sometimes, but cake more often. I want to actually enjoy wearing the things that I make.
- I’ve learned that I need to take better care of my clothes. This goes for RTW items along with my me-makes. Now that I’m paying more attention to what goes into a garment, I’m finally appreciating them in a new way and realizing that I need to care more.
- I’ve learned that sometimes maybe I should make a muslin. Maybe… we’ll see about that… :)
- I’ve learned that I need to learn about ease. I understand what it is, but I need to figure out what it really means to me while sewing. lol… If you have any good references, lemme know! Thanks!
- I’ve learned that I don’t know what I don’t know at this point and I’m alright with that! I’m still new and excited to keep learning!
Top 5 (Sewing) Goals!
I’ll be keeping with my goals from earlier in the year, and going from there :)
Excited to see everyone else’s top 5s! It’s been a great, busy year! Who’s ready for 2015?! :)
Until next time,