All posts filed under: Furry Friends

New-To-Me Salme Minna Blouse

Finally (attempted) to get a few more/better pictures of my Minna blouse that I made for the New-To-Me challenge over at The Monthly Stitch for Indie Pattern Month. I’m still trying to master this whole taking pictures of myself thing. I LOVE taking pictures. But I also LOVE being behind the camera, if you know what I mean. :) So anyway, I went ahead and got a tripod, and just recently got a remote to use with the tripod… See… remote… still wasn’t sure if I was using it correctly at this point. But the pups were pretty interested in what I was doing. After just a couple of shots, though, they got bored with me and started running and wrestling around as they usually do in the back yard. For fear my camera was going to get trampled into the dirt… I gave up. The pups, plus the wind – it was a challenge getting any photos at all! Anyway… to the challenge. The second week of Indie Pattern Month was the New-To-Me challenge. The idea was …

Finnjury

Whenever Finn plays too rough and scratches or bruises us, we call it a Finnjury. Well, this time Finn gave himself a Finnjury. The pathetic little guy wouldn’t leave it alone so we had to cone him :/ He wasn’t very excited about the situation…

Mother’s Day / May Weather / Cooking and Crafting Fails

Happy Mother’s Day to the best mom a girl could ask for! In honor of Mother’s Day (even though she’s half the country away), I used this recipe to make cinnamon rolls this morning (well, last night/this morning… they were overnighters)! It was my first attempt at homemade cinnamon rolls. It failed. I’m thinking it was a combination of not making any high altitude adjustments and not letting it rise long enough in the morning, but they were pretty dense. Flavor was ok… but they were definitely not the big fluffy cinnamon rolls I was going for. :( Next time less impatience. More deliciousness. Also in honor of Mother’s Day, I attempted the ‘cut a wine bottle with nail polish remover and string’ thing. Wanted to make her a nice DIY candle. That failed too. :/ I tried three different kinds of string/yarn, 4 different bottles… but only got one to work. And it wasn’t very nice. I tried to sand it down, and went ahead and made a candle out of it anyway (thought maybe I …

Donation Dog Vests

So… funny story that led to these vests – when we moved into the new place and Danny got a desk, I was gone at training for a few weeks and he stole my desk chair. At some point shortly after I got back, he broke the chair (ok, so it’s funny overall… not funny for my poor desk chair). So, we went out and bought both of us new matching desk chairs. Then one day shortly after that he broke that one too! It’s ok to laugh (a little)… I did (a lot). lol… So anyway, the second chair had this mesh fabric for the chair back. Before we tossed it in the trash, I cut the fabric off with this project in mind. Finally,  this weekend I got around to trying a couple of different versions. (SP28) Version 1: One pocket with elastic. I had some ribbon in a box of random scraps that I used to cover the outer edge of the pocket, but I wasn’t a huge fan of how this …