My sister’s birthday was a few days ago, so I wanted to share a quick couple of things I finished up for her…
First up, my latest take on the Montlake Tee!
I used the same fabrics from my last tester version, but added some color blocking because A) I thought it would look cool… and B) I didn’t have enough fabric for sleeves in the main color :/ But I couldn’t resist using up the rest of this fabric because I just love it so much! :D
I wanted to print a copy of the final version of the pattern anyway, so before I threw my old one out, I figured I would play around with some color blocking! I chopped a little off of the top of each pattern piece, then taped them together and created a new piece, and added seam allowances to all respective edges…
Then I did this:
Tried that one again… :)
I used this pocket pattern, but cut on the inner edges to make it a little smaller, adding a little length at the top to fold over!
And I had just enough of my wonderful pink french terry scrap to cut the sleeves…
(I actually cut them too long and then hemmed a bunch – but better safe than sorry) :)
Next up, I repaired that sweater she gave me last winter to fix :/
Here’s the front and back before:
I’m pretty sure this took me longer than the t-shirt, actually! Veeeeery carefully picking up stitches until is was to a point where I could stitch up the hole. Too many colors! Too many threads! And yes, I definitely incorporated a few husky hairs into the finished product as well :)
Yay! Not perfect but I’m pretty sure no one will ever notice.
Happy Birthday, Sissy!
(She’s the best… and my little nephew is a total ham)
She bought her first house a month or so ago and it’s a total construction zone right now. It’s going to look amazing through… check out the kitchen progress!
Until next time,